Adding Best Offer to eBay listings opens negotiations with potential buyers and may result in more sales.
Best offer can be added to listings set up as a single SKU fixed price listing. For multi-variation fixed price listings, the best offer option is not available.
When using the best offer option in a listing, it’s important to note that immediate payment does not apply.
Notification of an Offer
eBay will send an email to notify the seller that an offer has been submitted. Offers are also able to be viewed by going to My eBay’s Active section and in Seller Hub within Active Listings with Offers. After receiving an offer, an eBay seller has 48 hours to choose how to respond.
Automatic Accept/Decline (optional)
If automatic accept and decline pricing is set up in the listings, eBay will then either accept or decline a best offer, based on the price limits selected. Buyers won’t know the limits, but the upper limit must be lower than the Buy It Now price. **the option for auto-accept / decline is not required**
Here’s how automatic responses work:
- When an offer is received at or above, the upper limit, eBay automatically sends an email to the seller & the buyer, notifying that the offer has been accepted and informs the buyer to pay.
- When an offer is received below the lower limit, eBay automatically sends an email to the buyer declining the offer. The buyer can submit a higher bid, or the seller can opt to send a counteroffer. Buyers can make up to three offers per item in most categories.
- When an eBay seller gets an offer somewhere between the price limits selected, eBay sends a message to the seller for the seller have to decide how to respond.
eBay sellers cannot use automatic responses when:
- An item has been placed on sale using the Promotions Manager feature
- The buyer included additional terms in the offer that the seller will need to review first
- The option doesn’t appear when a seller is creating a listing (not all categories allow for automatic responses)
Accept/Decline/Counteroffer (if not using automatic accept/decline)
- Accept the best offer and end the listing
- Respond with a counteroffer
- Let the offer expire. **This will happen automatically after 48 hours or when the listing ends, whichever comes first**
- Decline the offer
If opting to make a counteroffer, the response from the eBay seller should be lower than the Buy It Now price, but higher than the offer that was received from the buyer.
An eBay seller can respond directly to the potential buyer from the message that was received from eBay, notifying the seller of the buyer's best offer.
It is possible for eBay sellers to receive offers from multiple buyers. Sending counteroffers to each buyer is perfectly fine. All counteroffers expire after 48 hours. The first buyer to accept the seller's counteroffer wins the offer.
To add best offer to the listings in the eBay channel within Shopify, edit the listing and select best offer. Optionally, automatic accept and decline amounts may be added.
Once saved, the Make Offer button will be present on your eBay listing.